If 2018 is your year to focus on health, now is the time to start implementing some changes into your lifestyle and eating habits. Instead of going all out and quitting drinking, sugar, carbs and gluten at the same time ( which is a sure fire recipe to fail) slow and steady wins the race!
Having worked in the health industry for a while now, and met loads of personal trainers, health coaches and yoga instructors, I can tell you the happiest and healthiest people are the ones that implement these steps and make the commitment to small changes every week.
Here are my 5 top tips for a happy and healthy 2018
1. Breakfast Every Day – This seems like a no brainer, but having breakfast every day will make sure you don’t over eat later on in the day. And it kick starts your metabolism. Smoothies, smoothie bowls or Avo Toast are my favourites
2. Probiotics- Its time to get your gut-health in order. If you have bloating or an uncomfortable feeling after eating, you might need to look at incorporating some good gut bacteria back into your diet. Look out for Kombucha, Kefir, Probiotic Teas or Sauerkraut as good options to add to your diet
3. Commit To Exercise – 3 times per week is a great starting point, and It doesn’t have to be long or cost you a lot of money :30mins is the key number for optimal health. Walking around a park is a great one, but if you don’t have time to get outside you can find some great 30min workouts on YouTube for free!!
4. Hydration – Water, Cold Press Juices and Coconut Water are all great ones to keep you hydrated all day every day. Staying hydrated is key to loose weight, have your skin looking glowy and ensuring you don’t over eat when you think your hungry, but your body is actually thirsty!
5. Chill Out- Make time for you. You cant pour from an empty cup, so it is important to take time to chill out! Do whatever makes you feel energised, walking, mediation, go to the beach or cook a nice meal.