Did you know that the immune system and stress levels are linked? Numerous studies have shown that long term psychological stress can lead to a weakened immune system
Although short term stress can be beneficial for our body and immune system (by reducing inflammation), BUT long term stress can really dampen our immune system by producing the stress hormone cortisol.
Long term stress decreases the body’s white blood cells, which help you ward off infection. The lower your lymphocyte level, the more at risk you are for viruses, including the common cold and cold sores. It also increases the bodies inflammation
So what can we do to reduce chronic stress and help our immune function. These are some of our top tips:
1. Yoga - Online yoga classes are a plenty at the moment.
2. Meditation Practise – have you tried the meditation practise we set out last week with Chloe Potter? 10 minutes a day is super beneficial
3. A cup of tea - Sit down and relax with a cup of green or herbal tea for five minutes
4. Outdoor time – Take a good 30minute walk with some good tunes to lower stress levels
5. Get a good nights sleep – 8 Hours a night
All of these are included in our Find your Zen checklist which came in your packs. Let us know on Instagram if you have been using yours at home.